Sun. Jun 23rd, 2024
Brain-eating Amoeba

What is brain-eating amoeba that killed a Kerala Boy

What is brain-eating amoeba that killed a Kerala Boy?

A 15-year old boy living in Alappuzha district of Kerala died of a rare brain infection ‘Primary amoebic meningoencephalitis’. It is a rare infection that is caused by the free-living amoeba ‘Naegleria fowleri‘ also known as the brain-eating amoeba.

The main symptoms of the disease are fever, headache, vomiting, and seizures, which are usually fatal. The human brain gets infected when the free-living, non-parasitic amoeba bacteria enters the body through the nose. Considering the severe nature of the disease, health officials have advised people to avoid taking baths in contaminated water.

Kerala’s health minister said five such cases of the rare infection caused by the brain-eating amoeba had been reported in the state before.

 

Don’t Miss

https://dailyblogline.com/sourav-ganguly-birthday-fearless-bengal-tiger/

https://dailyblogline.com/realme-narzo-60-pro-5g-launched-in-india/

4 thought on “What is brain-eating amoeba that killed a Kerala Boy”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *